Leigh Hawkins, MS, Exercise Physiologist
MATCS, RTS, CSCS, ACSM, NASM
As an exercise physiologist and personal trainer, I've spent 26+ years helping people of all ages and fitness levels enjoy healthier, more active lives. I opened CFS in 1994 to offer clients a custom exercise experience in a private and relaxed studio setting.
I have a master’s degree in exercise physiology and several advanced training credentials, including certification as a Muscle Activation Technique™ specialist – one of only two in the area.
Following my time in college as an athlete and coach, I ran a fitness program at a five-star resort in Virginia, then worked for a personal training company in Charlotte, with the goal to open my own studio.
"My passion for my profession, along with my knowledge of the human body, inspire me to provide a unique exercise experience."
I take my work and the health of my clients seriously, but I believe life is to be enjoyed. We'll work hard, but we'll also have fun. There’s nothing better for the abs than laughter.
When I’m not working with clients, you can find me outside with my two sons. We camp, hike, kayak, and are fearless in the face of rollercoasters.
QUALIFICATIONS & CREDENTIALS
- BS and MS in Exercise Physiology
- Muscle Activation Techniques™ Certified Specialist
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist, National Strength & Conditioning Association
- Health and Fitness Instructor, American College of Sports Medicine
- Optimum Performance Trainer, National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Resistance Training Specialist, Focus on Fitness
- 11-Time Southern Conference Track & Field Champion
- 2007 Appalachian State University, Hall of Fame Inductee
SOUTH PARK | 5950 Fairview Road Suite 501, Charlotte, NC 28210
Copyright © Certified Fitness Systems, All Rights Reserved